Feeling scared and anxious when pregnant is normal, especially if it is your first time. There are so many things that can go wrong, and you want to ensure everything goes right. As such, you may be asking yourself:
- Will I be a good mother?
- Is my baby growing well?
- Will my baby be born healthy?
- Am I ready for delivery?
To help manage these doubts and emotions, you can use pregnancy affirmations. But do these affirmations work?
Positive affirmations can help you stay calm, relieve stress, and feel more positive about yourself and your baby.
This article discusses everything you need to know about pregnancy affirmations, how they work and how to use them.
What are pregnancy affirmations?
Pregnancy affirmations are powerful words that help improve your mindset about pregnancy. They instill a sense of purpose and positivity towards motherhood.
Pregnancy can be overwhelming, especially for new moms; however, reciting affirmations can help you stay focused and accept a positive message so that it becomes part of your reality.
Do pregnancy affirmations work?
While affirmations may not change the outcome of your pregnancy, they can minimize stress and anxiety often associated with birth expectancy.
Studies have shown that affirmations can positively influence your brain function and help you focus on the brighter side.
Practicing pregnancy affirmations can shift your attention away from negative emotions, building confidence and providing new ideas, energy, and hope for motherhood.
Benefits of pregnancy affirmations
- Provides reassurance during times of doubt or fear
- It helps you focus on the positive aspects of pregnancy
- Builds confidence in your ability to carry a child to term
- It helps to connect with your baby before they are born
- Enhances the overall experience of pregnancy
Best pregnancy affirmations
The following affirmations will help you develop positive feelings during your pregnancy.
- My body accepts my baby, and my pregnancy will end with the safe delivery of a healthy baby.
- I choose to enjoy every second of this pregnancy journey, even on difficult days.
- I use my voice assertively to express what I want and need and to say no when I feel uncomfortable.
- My baby is perfect and will come into this world smoothly.
- I can overcome any challenge that comes my way.
- I am preparing for a safe, beautiful, and effortless birthing experience.
- My body was designed to nurture, protect, and grow my womb.
- I am strong, brave, confident, and resilient to face this pregnancy.
- I train myself to make the best possible decisions for my pregnancy and the birth of my baby.
- My body is powerful, and I am grateful.
- I’m confident this is the right time for my baby to come into the world and bless our family.
- I enjoy my pregnancy. It is beautiful, happy, and perfect.
- I am ready for motherhood.
- I love and approve of myself and welcome, honor, and embrace the changes in my beautiful pregnant body as it transforms to accommodate my baby.
- My body knows how to safely guide my baby out of my womb and into my arms.
- I let go of the worry and fear of labor and focus on the joy of knowing my child.
- My baby is loved and feels my love as our bond and connection grow stronger daily.
- I appreciate and cherish the gift of pregnancy, life, and motherhood.
- I trust my instincts and body, and I’m confident I can deliver my baby safely.
- I feel blessed and favored to carry a baby inside of me.
- I digest and accept all new experiences in peace and joy.
- I only accept positive thoughts and words about pregnancy and childbirth.
- I am a great mother.
- I will bring a healthy, whole, and strong child into this world.
- Everything I need to take care of my body is already inside me.
- My pregnancy is a blessing.
- I stay alert, attuned, aware of my needs, and intuitively know my baby’s needs.
- I love my pregnant body: it’s radiant, beautiful, and blissful because it has everything I need to take care of my baby.
- I embrace the challenge of motherhood with grace, gratitude, and a warm, loving heart.
- I allow myself to see the beauty and joy of this process, enjoy this precious time with my baby, and feel empowered by all that it entails.
How to make pregnancy affirmations work
There are many ways to use pregnancy affirmations. Below are some ideas.
Say the affirmations out loud for about five minutes twice a day. You can do this by standing in front of a mirror and placing your hand on your bump.
Write them in a notebook
A helpful way to practice pregnancy affirmations is to write them in a notebook or card and carry them with you every time in your bag or purse. This way, you can peep into your affirmations and read them aloud to yourself whenever you feel discouraged.
Paste sticky notes
It is also good to write affirmations on sticky notes and paste them in an area where your eyes can see them every time, like on your bathroom mirror, refrigerator, or table right next to your bed.
Create a routine
Consider devoting a moment of the day to say your pregnancy affirmations, such as when going to bed or waking up in the morning. Pregnancy affirmations only work when used consistently.
Use a recorder
If you assimilate better by listening, consider recording the affirmations on your smartphone.
Avoid negative statements
For instance, rather than say, “I won’t have a painful labor’, affirm that ‘I am strong enough to birth my baby safely’ or ‘my baby is coming out strong and healthy.
While pregnancy affirmations are helpful to boost self-confidence, learning about the birthing process can prepare you for your baby better and decrease anxiety.
Pregnancy ebooks and newsletters are a great way to begin.
Pregnancy affirmations can be very effective in helping you achieve the birth experience you desire. Try the suggestions above to see how you can enhance your thoughts about pregnancy, labor, and birth. Pregnancy is beautiful!