One of the most popular cocktails of all time is the margarita. It strikes the golden balance of tart and sweet, boozy and refreshing, and is loved by everyone from casual drinkers to serious cocktail bartenders. It’s a near-perfect concoction on its own. This strawberry basil margarita is a slightly different concoction from the classic margarita, whether you’re tired of the straight-up margarita or want to try something new.
It’s a tasty and refreshing cocktail that’s great for sipping outside in the summer!
One of the best things about the strawberry basil margarita is that it’s not more complicated to make than a regular margarita. All you have to do in this recipe is muddle some basil, strawberries, lime juice, and simple syrup together before adding the tequila and Cointreau (or another triple sec if you don’t want to use this).
How to make strawberry basil margarita
Get a bottle of tequila and pour some of it into a blender. Not too much, though. A handful of fresh strawberries, Cointreau, lime juice, and honey are all good additions. There’s no need for sugar! Blend the strawberries until they are thoroughly pulverized.
Now it’s time for the basil! In the bottom of a cocktail shaker, place some chopped basil, and over muddled basil, pour the strawberry margarita base. Shake or stir. Then pour into a glass. There you go!
Sip and savor the summer!
More strawberry drink ideas? See our strawberry kiwi smoothie recipe.
Strawberry basil margarita
- ½ pint fresh strawberries
- 2-3 basil sprigs
- 1.5 oz. Cointreau
- ½ c. tequila
- 1 juiced lime
- 1 tbsp honey
- In a blender, add the strawberries, tequila, Cointreau, lime juice, and honey.
- Blend on high until the strawberries are thoroughly pulverized.
- Place the basil in the bottom of a decanter or cocktail shaker, finely chopped.
- To release the flavors and oils from the basil, muddle it.
- Pour the blended margarita ingredients, along with the muddled basil, into the decanter and stir vigorously to mix.