While some people deliberately lose weight, others do it unintentionally. This is the summary of Jazmine Sullivan weight loss experience.
What did Jazmine do to lose 50 pounds of weight? Continue reading to find out in this article.
Who is Jazmine Sullivan?
Jazmine Sullivan is an American singer-songwriter and record producer. She was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, on April 9, 1987. Jazmine got her start in the music industry at a young age, singing in various choirs and acting on Broadway.
She released her debut album entitled “Fearless” in 2008. Jazmine has been nominated multiple times for the Grammy awards ever since.
How did Jazmine Sullivan lose weight?
According to the Grammy nominee, getting skinny was never her goal; she only wanted to support her mum through her cancer treatments.
Jazmine’s mother, Pam Sullivan, was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2019, which required a change in her eating habits. In a bid to offer the most support to her ill mum, Jazmine decided to go vegan along with her.
“Obviously you appreciate people more if you even think that you could lose them, but I’ve been able to reciprocate the love and support that she’s given me all my life back to her. And I’m so fulfilled doing that.”
Pam’s health challenge also inspired the American singer to prioritize her health too.
What did Jazmine Sullivan’s diet consist of?
Jazmine took to Instagram to share some of her vegan diets with her fans. Her diet includes;
- Homemade hummus with spelt chickpea flour crackers.
- Cauliflower rice with chana masala.
- Dairy-free pizza with mushrooms, peppers, onions, tomatoes, and olives.
- Vegan-style taco with grilled veggies and salsa, guacamole in a romaine lettuce wrap.
What is a vegan diet?
The vegan diet does not use or include any animal products. Vegans do not eat meat, fish, milk, eggs and other animal-derived products.
Veganism is a lot more complex than just not eating animals or their by-products. The vegan lifestyle seeks to exclude the exploitation of animals for any purpose, including food, clothing and entertainment.
Therefore, according to vegan standards, it is also unacceptable to use animal products in other ways, such as leather shoes or silk.
This diet includes:
- Fruits and vegetables.
- Legumes such as peas, beans, and lentils.
- Nuts and seeds include walnuts, cedar, chestnut, Brazil nuts, macadamias, cashew, almonds, hazelnuts, and pistachios.
- Whole grains, cereals and pseudocereals.
- Bread, rice, and pasta.
- Dairy alternatives such as soymilk, coconut milk, and almond milk.
- Vegetable oils.
- Tofu, tempeh, and seitan are alternatives to meat, fish, and eggs in many vegan recipes.
Are vegan diets healthy?
The short answer is yes; vegan diets are almost always healthier than non-vegan diets. However, that does not mean there are no risks associated with veganism.
The primary reason for this is that vegans eliminate all meat and dairy products from their diet, which are usually high in protein, calcium, vitamin B12 and other essential nutrients.
So vegans can often become deficient in certain vitamins and minerals – but this is easily remedied by eating foods rich in these nutrients.
Health benefits of a vegan diet
- It can help you lose weight fast.
- It reduces the risk of developing cancer and heart disease.
- It can help to reduce arthritis and the pains associated with it.
- It can help to lower high blood pressure.
- A vegan diet can lower the risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
How does a vegan diet help to lose weight?
Plant-based foods often contain lower amounts of calories than animal products. As a result, vegans consume fewer calories at every meal.
Apart from this, vegan diets are high in fibre, thus making you feel full and satisfied in no time. However, you must be careful to eat only a little plant fat as plant fats can also contribute to weight gain.
As we have seen from this weight loss experience, Jazmine Sullivan weight loss is solely a result of plant-based foods. Even though veganism is a fast way to lose body pounds, speak with your doctor before deciding to start one.